Award winning Edinburgh agency Multiply
has a vacancy for a Creative Artworker in their vibrant creative studio.
The ideal candidate should have experience in technical artwork in preparation for print with a good creative eye that can help produce accurate and print ready artwork. Fluency in Adobe CS Suite 4 (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) is a prerequisite and the candidate should have a clear understanding of PDF use in modern print workflows. You should have at least 3 years experience in creating high quality technical artwork for print, working in a creative agency. This is also a creative role so an eye and level of skill in graphic design and layout is also a requirement.
You will be working as part of the 10 strong creative studio team, joining 2 other technical artists alongside our graphic, digital and motion graphics designers. You will play a key role in enhancing the design, visualising and preparing artwork for print. Confidence in delivering the completed print ready files from hand drawn scamps, Mac visuals or print ready files from the design team is a must.Main responsibilities
Skills and knowledge
- Ensure that each job is checked thoroughly to ensure quality and adherence to design before releasing to print
- Ensure correct print, specification, and overall look and feel of the product before releasing files for production
- Assisting in day to day tasks of the Creative Studio
- Assisting in the creation of mock ups (mounting illustrations/imagery, constructing hand-made comps, etc)
- Filing of studio proofs, job bags and associated samples
- Experienced artworker with a solid understanding of design concepts and quality methodologies.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Experience in design and layout for print materials
- Commercial pre press experience and knowledge of printing processes
- Experience in basic Apple Macintosh troubleshooting
Please apply in first instance by sending your CV to email@example.com